Equine Assisted Learning is an interactive hands-on approach to learning life skills and gaining personal growth with all sessions taking place in an outdoors classroom with a horse as the teacher. Each of our sessions are designed to maximise learning potential and focus on developing individual skills, while working through fun, interactive, group challenges. Touching repeatedly on all the objectives and life skills that are built into our curriculum, the innate sensitivity and intuitive nature of the horse allows participants to adjust their behaviours to work successfully with their equine teacher. The role of the facilitator is to parallel the lessons from the horse back to real life circumstances and assist participants to recognise learning moments.
This program is for women who are rebuilding their lives after trauma, grief, abuse, violence or mental health issues.
- Match internal dialogue to action
- How to develop healthy relationship
- Value trust, respect, & personal intergrity
- Build leadership skills
- Develop trust and empathy
- Looking back stops forward movement
- Overcome barriers to find change
- Be creative & innovative
- Develop patience
- Find opportunities in working together
- Develop decision making skills
- Learn how to communicate effectively
- Build self-esteem
10-18 years old
90 Minute Sessions / 1 session per week / 6 or 8 weeks
“Whiterock Peak” 431 Lake Manchester Road, Kholo, 4306, Queensland
If you’d like know how you can help and to learn more about becoming a sponsor of the Maverick Program.